Wednesday, March 9, 2011

UFO #3: Easter Baskets

I remember having these neat, reusable, fabric Easter baskets when I was a kid. I always thought they were so clever. I even still have mine (its the green one in the before picture), and I've wanted to copy it for my kids of a while now. This was a UFO for just a few weeks when I started cutting fabric, then got a little distracted.

Before:




These were UFOs for about 2 weeks (a baby UFO, if you will). It took me about 6 hours to finish both of them.

After:




And look... they collaspe flat for easy storage! Love it!
I used plastic canvas inside to give it shape, and I'm a little disappointed at how flimsy it is. If I did it over I would use a heavier/sturdier plastic canvas or used thickish cardboard like my mom used in ours. But, overall I'm pretty happy.
By the way, can you tell Allison picked her own fabric? Doesn't pink with pink flowers just scream "3-year-old little girl"?

What have you been up to? Finish any projects lately?

3 comments:

thatmormonlady said...

I remember those! You are an incredible, get-things-done kind of gal! I would link up, but my current UFO is kind of a big project - painting and glazing my kitchen cupboards. I'm positive I can't commit to that right now. It'll get done sometime. :)

Erin said...

I would love to make some of these! Any chance you'd like to save me some time and share the measurements so I dont have to play trial and error?! Just thought I'd ask! They are cute!

Unknown said...

I think these are so cute! Great idea! We just reuse plastic ones from years before but these are pretty!