Monday, March 7, 2011

UFO #2: Peeps Wreath

This project fell into "I bought the stuff and haven't touched it" category and was major mental clutter. I'm glad its done... turned out cute!
Before:

After:


I love that its silly and whimsical. I roughly followed the tutoral posted by Gerbera Designs on Tried and True. I opted for glue in addition to the toothpicks
This went unfinished for either 3 or 11 months. I bought the peeps on clearance after last Easter, but I didn't get the wreath form until around Christmas time. Take you're pick. It only took me about 90 minutes to finish it, and that included indecision about where to put the bow. :)
How about you? What have you been working on?

5 comments:

Emily said...

That is a fun idea. I'll bet your kids love it!

Kate said...

So cute and just in time for Easter in a month. I'm almost tempted to try one out myself, but living in the California Desert I know it would attract a million ants (or worse, roaches) while in storage.

BeckyMc said...

I envision this sort of melting all over my front door due to the Seattle Rain Festival
(Jan. 1-Dec. 31, every year)
But it looks adorable!

Rosie said...

hence, mom, why its hanging on the inside of the house. :) The Syracuse rain fest commences promptly 1 hour after the end of the Snow fest...

Becky Bell said...

I love this! I want to make one now.