Thursday, April 7, 2011

An "Everyday" Dress

Allison is a girly-girl. In fact, she is such a girly girl that she has recently decided that pants are out. Especially jeans. If she must wear pants they should be pink sweats if at all possible. She'll consider other varieties if you ask very nicely, but no promises... espeically if they're not pink!


And since pants are out, dresses and skirts are in. She has several skirts that are fine for playing in, but no play dresses. I made the mistake of asking her a few weeks ago if she would like to have some "everyday" dresses, which she apparently took to mean that she should ask me everyday for one.


She was finally able to stop asking yesterday morning.



I found the pink tree fabric last week before leaving for Manhatten for $3/yard at JoAnn's, and Allison picked the green to go with it. Took me two good evenings to put it all together... I think sewing for kids is a good way to ease myself back into it. Whaddya think?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mommy when I can I have a dress.... Mommy, when do I get my dress... Mommy.... :) Cute sis! Well done!

Erin said...

Very cute! A sew along would be fun!

George said...

Me to you 26 years ago; "What would you like to wear today, Rosie?" Your response was always "A Fwess!"

She is indeed your daughter. Love you. Wish we could be more a part of your cute kids lives.

Kevin & Sarah Lockard said...

That is so cute Rosie!

Mike and Julie said...

Adorable! Both the girl and the dress. I can't wait to see them in just a few short months!

Alison said...

I love this pattern! Great job! she looks darling.