Saturday, January 5, 2008

BBQ Chicken Soup

Its snowing outside, and nothing puts me in a soupy mood like cold and snow. So for lunch, I experimented. On Thursday night we have Oven BBQ chicken for dinner (chicken baked in BBQ sauce) and we have about half a breast left over. I decided to try a BBQ chicken soup. Its turned out SO yummy... here's the "recipe" I used (or made up...).

BBQ Chicken Soup

1 chicken breast
1/2 cup frozen corn
2-4 cups chicken stock (depending on number of desired servings)
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce (or just use BBQ Baked Chicken)
1-2 ounces cream cheese, milk or cream

Put chicken breast, BBQ sauce and stock in pot. Bring to a simmer. Add in corn and return to a simmer. Add cream cheese, milk or cream (optional... makes it yummy and creamy!) and return to simmer(I melted in cream cheese).

So easy, so yummy... this would also be really good with black beans in it too I think.

No comments: