I went to Albertsons to use my double coupons. My neighbor gave me hers (thanks, Julie!) so I had 6 sets of doublers to use (18 doublers total). Here is how I did:
- 8 Boxes Post Selects Cereal
- 4 pints Bryers Ice Cream
- 4 bottles Juicy Juice
- 4 pouches Bumblebee Tuna
- 4 packs Kraft String Cheese
- 2 "Family-sized" boxes Wheat Thins
- 1 box Ritz Crackers
- 1 box peanut butter Ritz Bits
- 2 tubs Philidelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 packs M&Ms (no coupon... potty training treats)
- 1 bag Orange Slices Candy (no coupon...potty training treats, but on clearance)
- 1 3-pack Wrigley's Gum
- 1 loaf Earth Grains bread
- 1 box Hefty One-Zip freezer bags
- 2 Liter bottle A&W Rootbeer (no coupon... potty training drink)
- 2.5 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- A "mega pack" of Albertson's brand training pants (not pictured)
Total spent out of pocket: $17.61, including tax!
Total Saved using sales & coupons: $137.07... thats an 88% savings!
I did this in 7 transactions using 18 doublers. I used $20 in catalina coupons ($15 earned last week and $5 earned in my first transaction today) and still have $6 in catalinas to use on my next shopping trip. It took 2 hours... but not bad "earnings" for 2 hours work, eh?
Oh, and here's the best part... I'm submitting my first transaction for a $20 rebate from Kraft. So technically, once I get that rebate, everything I bought today was free!