Friday, March 7, 2008

Yummy Ravioli Bake

I contribute to The Mother's Lounge blog. At the beginning of the month there are a lot of menu plans that go up. Thats actually where I got the inspiration to start doing monthly menus myself. A few days ago Krystal posted her March menu along with a yummy looking recipe that I tried last night. Ravioli bake... mmmm. My recipe is a little modified from her original to fit our tastes better. Here's the recipe I used...

1 package (25 oz ish) frozen ravioli (I used a meat filled on... Brian is anti-cheese-filled ravioli)
1 jar or can of spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese (optional... I mixed ricotta in with the mozzarella)
1/4 cup

Spray the bottom of a largeish baking dish (7"x 10" or 9"x 13") with non stick spray. Scoop 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce onto the bottom of the dish and spread. Place half of the ravioli, half of the remaining tomato sauce and half of the cheese in layers in the pan. Repeat the layers a second time in the pan. Top with parmesan cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake at 400* for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

This turned out so yummy! You can check our Krystal's original recipe here. The recipe is near the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

Ben and Katie McKee said...

ya...that sounds sooo good...mmmm.
Oh and I am excited to see you sooo very soon!