- Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup butter (no margerine allowed!)
- 1 cup brown suger
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Place the saltines side-by-side on a jelly roll pan (thats a cookie sheet with sides!) covering the entire pan.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter and sugar together. Boil together 3 minutes (time starts when it starts to get frothy). Pour mixture over the soda crackers and spread out as necessary.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked toffee-cracker mixture. Allow to soften thouroughly, then spread chocolate over the entire pan of candy. Sprinkle with chopped nuts (I use walnust) if desired. Chill in the fridge until chocolate had hardened up again.
Seriously... SO good!