Thursday, December 13, 2007

Books, books, and more books


I am currently obsessed with finding books for Allison, and I'm always looking for a deal. On a teacher's salary with a grad student in the house, its hard to swallow the $12, $15 or $20 price tags on some kids and baby books. However, I made a find. Two actually.
#1 - Pioneer Book on Center Street in Provo. This is an AWESOME used bookstore. It's huge and has some really great classics. Its like a treasure hunt. I found a few little board books for Allison that I like for less than $1.50 each!
#2 - The Dollar Store! I never even thought about the dollar store for books. I was there yesterday buying gift wrap (I only buy that at the dollar store) and happened to walk by the kids section, with a whole huge section of books. Now, granted they aren't really as cute as your standard $10 or $12 kids book, but they are still cute... and you really can't beat $1!
In the same vein, I'm almost done with Allison's gospel ABC Book. Its turning out SO cute. Right now I just need to find a picture of obedience (anyone have ideas for where to find one or one you could email me?), get photos of her grandparents and glue in a little mirror for the "You" page. It turned out so cute... take a look!

3 comments:

Bonnie Parks said...

Rosie,
I am so impressed. That gospel ABC book looks awesome! I still am trying to figure out how to get much of anything done around my house, like keeping it clean. I certainly haven't been working on cool crafty projects. Good for you! And thanks for the tip on the kids books. We got Amy a book for Christmas. (Don't tell her. It's a surprise. We call it a b-o-o-k when we are around her so she won't know.) I really would like to go crazy buying her tons, but we can't afford that. Nice to know where I can go to get quite a few.

Ashleigh said...

The gospel ABC book is such a good idea. You have motivated me to start making one. Hopefully motivation is enough to get me off my butt and actually do it.

Ginger said...

I LOVE the ABC book! That's awesome.