Monday, February 28, 2011

Crafter's UFO Month: guidelines & my list

Who's ready to join me for UFO month?

Here are the guidelines:
First, Post a list of your current UFOs that you'll be trying to accomplish this month. You can post it in the comments or on your own blog and link up here below.

For each UFO you finish, you'll do a blog post (or post in the comments if you don't have a blog). In each post please try to include:
*A before picture (as in what your UFO looks like right now)
*how long its been a UFO
*how long it took you to finish it
*an after picture

I'll post a Mr. Linky tomorrow that you can link your individual project posts up to. It will stay at the top of my blog all month long.

After the month is over, do a summary post. Let me know how you did and what you accomplished... and how you're rewarding yourself for finishing some UFOs. When the month is over, I'll do a drawing for a $10 JoAnn's gift card that I'll send to one UFO Challenge Month participant.

I, personally, have a ridiculous number of UFOs. They jump out of nearly any closet or drawer that I open and attack me yelling "finish me!"

By the way, I consider mending projects to totally count, becuase they inflict the same kind of mental & physical clutter as any other UFO.

Anyway... here's my list, in no particular order:

Pink stripe skirt
Peeps wreath
Quiet book
Mending/fitting black skirt for Allison
Fitting/lining white skirt for me
Refashioning a sweater dress
Red slinky knit skirt
Grapevine wreath
ABC wall (which I might change all together...)
Carter's crochet baby blanket
Line Carter's curtains
Nauvoo Temple cross-stitch
Easter baskets
Easter dress (items purchased, this is low priority since Easter's late this year)
Dress shirt (again, only have items purchased)

I'm SURE that I'm missing something off this list. If I can accomplish "enough" (who knows how much that is) this month I'll reward myself with starting a new project (of course!). Probably 2... I want to do my award ribbon keepsake quilt and decorate Allison's room (for which I have a full vision).

How about you? What's on your UFO list? Be sure to link up!


2 comments:

We're So Rad said...

Yeah, here's to accomplishing a lot this month! I'm afraid that my list is only going to keep growing though as I start going through my craft desk!

Kate said...

Hopefully knowing someone else knows my UFO list will motivate me to get some good stuff done. Good luck to me!